Saturday, March 7, 2009

So BIG!!!

Well, it has been two months since I've posted last...I can't believe how much Gavin has changed. He is our big, smart, handsome boy. He rarely stops "talking" and babbling; Jason says he is def my son. He is also eating us out of house and home. He typically eats more for dinner than Jason and I do, I guess that explains why he is in the 90th percentile for height and weight! He is a big fan of "new news" (noddles) and "dot dogs" (hot dogs) and "nanas" (bananas).

The pictures below are from today, Gavin is officially 21 months old! He enjoyed the indoor play area at Zona Rosa!

The next 4 pics were taken one year ago! Can you tell a difference!?!?!?
When we ask Gavin how big he is he replies by saying "SO BIG"...with his arms high in the air. He knows his name; he refers to himself as "Gavi"...he can say Perez too which is pretty amazing! When we ask him how old he is he says "2", which works cause he'll be 2 in 3 months!
His current fav things to do: "Pay" (Play), ride his motorcycle hotwheels, go outside, stack blocks, kick the soccer ball, color and play with his toolbox. He is working on skipping and jumping (I'll have to get that on video, cause it is freakin' hillarious).
Gavin said his first long sentence the other day. It left me with a mixture of emotions, I'm sure you'll understand why. Gavin was fighting a cold last week, Jason was holding him...I walked over to Jason and stuck my hands out to hold Gavin and he said, "NO, I want Dadda!" Of course, Jason was exuding with pride and happiness.
Gavin is adjusting really well to his new daycare. He walks in each morning shouting "schoo, schoo"...he acts like he owns the place! He was voted the best dressed and best smelling by his teachers! Ha ha!

Jason and I are going on a cruise with my mom's side of the family next week. There are 19 of us going! Auntie Em and Uncle G are flying from Spokane, WA to Kansas City so they can see Gavin the day before we leave for the cruise. We have been working on saying "OPA" with Gavin so he can greet Mr. and Ms. Arger when they arrive! We sail out of Ft. Lauderdale, down to Belize, Costa Maya and Cozumel. Gavin is staying in KC with Grandma Perez for the couple of days, then the rest of the time with my friends, Crystal, Elizabeth and Terrann. Hopefully Gavin will do well with us being gone...I know that it will be tough for Jason and me to be without Gav for a week.
This video of Gavin eating spagetti was taken a couple of months ago. Turn up the volume to hear "the sounds of Gavin"! Disclaimer: If you are easily offended by bodily functions, keep it on mute.


Will post after the McCaustland Family Cruise! Oh, P.S. Have a Happy St. Patty's Day too! We will be celebrating on the ship!
Love you all,

EP

No comments: